This page is woefullly outdated, but I don't have time to update it this winter.
- Experience, reflexive socialization and disciplinary order in anthropology,
an introduction to an essay collection on graduate socialization in anthropology, in Michigan Discussions in Anthropology 18, May 2010.
- The limits of theory: idealism, distinction and critical pedagogy
in Chicago anthropology, on anthropology graduate theory pedagogy, Michigan Discussions in Anthropology 18, May 2010.
- The silent social order of the theory classroom, an ethnography of undergraduate literary theory courses at Cornell University, in Social Epistemology, April 2008. See also the published version and the original 2004 BA thesis.
- The will to knowledge and cultural crisis in universities,
at Rethinking the University, April 2008.
- Knowledge as ideology: Lycée philosophy classes and the category of the intellectual, at the Semiotics Workshop in October 2007.
- The case of the Bad Writing Contest: Literary theory as commodity and literary theorists as brands, at Michicagoan in May 2007.
commentary on academic culture:
- Outsourcing not upgrading, a Chicago Maroon op-ed on email outsourcing, nov 17, 2009.
- Aiding graduate students, an op-ed on the TA hiring process, may 29, 2009.
- Admitting influence is first step, an op-ed on business influence on campus, oct. 21, 2008.
- Anthropology as trauma and as transformation,
in the January 2008 edition of Anthropology News.
- Marginality, trauma, democratization (and ambivalence): Rethinking graduate education,
at the November 2007 AAA Annual Meetings.
- On the socialization of graduate students in anthropology,
in the april 2007 edition of Anthropology News.
- Letter to the New York Times about suicides on campus, dec. 8, 2004.
work in progress:
- The "American Model" and the "University-World": The political discourse of university models in
French academic politics.